With the sequester cuts scheduled to go into effect next week, the Department of Homeland Security has decided to gut the Border Patrol.
|"The Border is Secure!"|
The Border Patrol union website in the Tucson sector posted these comparisons between the hit the BP will take compared with port inspectors:
- Border Patrol agents number approximately 21,394.
- Port inspectors number approximately 21,790.
- Border Patrol agents have been targeted for $248 million in salary cuts.
- Port inspectors have been targeted for only $35 million in salary cuts.
- On about March 4th the union will receive a notice from the Agency. The notice will state that they are going to decertify AUO for all agents in 30 days. This means that we will lose our 25% premium pay and our FLSA around the first part of April.
- The Agency will also call for placing all agents on one (1) unpaid furlough day per pay period starting in April. That equals a 10% cut in your basic pay.
- With both of the above taking place, your pay will be cut about 40%.
We've documented the BS and insults the DHS Secretary Napolitano and the Obama administration have levelled at the Border Patrol here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here and here in addition to the ones above. Now, with plans to remove our security in between ports of entry, and with amnesty just around the corner, the Mexican border regions of the U.S. will become even more dangerous than they already are.
But then, border security was never the plan, was it, Barry?
Tags: Border Patrol, AUO, Border Patrol cuts, sequester, Department of Homeland Security, Janet Napolitano, salary cuts, amnesty, border security. Please mention / link to the Conservative Observer AZ. Thanks!